Welcome to theSt Pius X School online collection Thank you for your continued support of South Australian manufacturing and, most importantly, your patience and understanding. The past year has been more testing than ever; like other industries in Australia, we are having issues sourcing raw materials to manufacture or sourcing products to decorate. Sourcing the raw materials: - We source our raw materials for polos, shorts, fleeces or rugby jerseys within Australia. - Our local mills source yarn from Asia, and most of Australia’s yarn comes from flood rich countries such as India. - We then cut, sew and decorate here in Adelaide, Australia.
Sourcing products to decorate: - We source various products from a range of suppliers. - We buy them manufactured and we decorate as needed here in Adelaide, Australia.
Delays have been caused by the following reasons:
1. Our suppliers have issues getting these products into Australia (mostly due to the lack of freight being shipped into Australia, especially via air
2. There are only 3 x mills currently in Australia that dye and finish fabric to supply all manufacturers across Australia, all 3 are located in Victoria and are still recovering due to COVID when they were shut down.
3. A lack of supply of yarn has made it unviable to be open full-time and our 2 main dye houses have both reduced production to 3 days a week and single day shift only.
4. The trimmers who knit rugby jerseys here in Australia (Adelaide) have had issues sourcing yarn to knit the custom materials as needed, they are attempting to catch up as yarn becomes available.
5. Rugby Fabric is in great demand and the knitting process and extended from 2 weeks to 6 weeks currently.
6. All of the above and the needs to still meet critical timelines for events means that production scheduling changes daily and forecasting of order completion dates is difficult to manage.
We apologize for the delay and understand it is not ideal.
Our team are doing their best and staff are working around the clock to catch up as we receive the raw materials or products needed.
Thank you again for your understanding, patience and support of Australian Manufacturing. Yours Truly Ben Kitto
* Due to COVID19 new uniforms can be purchased by appointment only. * Please contact us using the details above to make an appointment with our uniform shop. * We encourage families to use online shopping options to have orders pre-packed and ready for collection.
Collection/Delivery Options: (Select at checkout)
Collect from JS Uniform Shop: 10 Newton Road, Campbelltown - You will receive email notification when your order is ready for collection
Collect from School: front office - Orders placed before Tuesday during school term will be packed and delivered to the school front office for collection each Thursday
Home Delivery: - Orders placed before midnight on Tuesday during school term will be packed and delivered to the chosen address on Thursday